Fireland was a country in Lyra's world. Its capital was Reykjavik where the annual Rally to the Pole balloon race began. Fireland sat between the German Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean. There was a city there called Akureyri.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In The Golden Compass, the Modern World Map depicted a country called Iceland instead of Fireland.
- "Fireland" is named as such either to contrast it against our world's Iceland, or as a reference to its volcanoes.
- Once Upon a Time in the North (Mentioned only)
- Peril of the Pole (Appears on a map)
- The Subtle Knife, appendix (Appears on a map)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.