- "It was about the time of the horse fair; and the canal basin was crowded with narrowboats and butty boats, with traders and travellers, and the wharves along the waterfront in Jericho were bright with gleaming harness and loud with the clop of hooves and the clamour of bargaining."
- —Brief description of the event[src]
The Horse Fair was an annual gyptian festival in which gyptians from all over Brytain came to Port Meadow in Oxford. The fair took place during the second full week of July. Port Meadow was covered in flags, banners, tents and pavilions during the horse fair and horses would be decorated with coloured silks and rosettes before being shown and traded.
- Northern Lights
- Northern Lights - The Graphic Novel
- Lyra's Oxford (Mentioned only)
- La Belle Sauvage (Mentioned only)